Production Planning Engineer
Our client based in South Yorkshire, is now looking to recruit a Production Planning Engineer - and the successful candidate needs to be someone with both Fabrication and Fitting experience to enable them to make the right decisions...which parts are to be made and which to be purchased!
To control Project Engineering release and convert into accurate 'workable work' for Production and Procurement departments in line with Company procedures.
To create robust and accurate standard components and parts in the ERP system to enable shorter department lead-times.
To efficiently manage the Production of Works orders for both Spares and Project sales.
1. Create, control and maintain standard data in company ERP system.
2. Apply Production knowledge to the creation of BOMs from Engineering Drawings.
3. Create Works Orders and highly accurate information packages for both shop floor
manufactured Items and purchased parts.
4. Create accurate operations cycle times, queue times and quality hold points for all assemblies and Works Orders
5. Work to and meet department milestones.
6. Meet and Improve expected departmental lead times
7. Reduce lead-times and costs in conjunction with Purchasing, Engineering and the Service Centre.
8. Make buy/make decisions based on production loadings.
9. Strive for continual improvement and most efficient manufacturing techniques through
communication with all relevant parties.
* Production Planning
* Interaction between Engineering, Purchasing and Production
Skills and Attributes:-
1. Able to create BOMs, Parts and Operations on ERP system that will create the most efficient way of producing an Assembly.
2. ERP experience
3. Experience of Steel Fabrication, Machinery assembly Fitting and pressure vessel assembly.
Job Type : Permanent
Location : Doncaster, Rotherham, Sheffield, Scunthorpe, Thorne
Salary : £25-30k per annum
Date Advertised : 11 Dec 2012
Sorry, this position is no longer available.
Don't miss out again. Sign up for Jobs-by-Email and get the latest jobs direct to your inbox.