Marine Service Engineer
**Career Opportunity - Marine Field Service Engineer - Permanent Position**
Salary - £23000 + Company Van/+ overtime
My prestigious client is looking for a Marine Field Service Engineer to maximise operational availability and performance for the customers of multi product engines through repair and service.
Job responsibilities include:
- Undertaking repair and service work of multi product engines to the customer's requirements
- Inspecting and testing completed machinery to ensure unit is operating to expected performance levels, reporting defaults or suspect conditions to the customer
- Ensuring all work complies with sound engineering standards and as relevant manufacturer specifications or tolerances carrying out inspections checks on own work as it proceeds and ensuring that the equipment performs satisfactorily and is safe before handing back to the customer
- Identify parts required to carry out the repair and liaise with Service Manager in order to source the parts
- Complying with all relevant health and safety procedures
- Complete all service reports and warranty documentation to enable the correct and timely charging of the customer and suppliers
- Achievement Drive
- Quality of workmanship
- Effective communication
- Analytical Thinking and Problem Solving
Knowledge Skills and Experience:
- Formally apprentice trained or served as a service engineer for a significant period
- Experience on a variety of engines is essential
- Knowledge in the use of field based diagnosis tools and equipment is essential
- Communication skills in negotiating a practical solution is importantDue to the high volumes of applications we are currently receiving, unfortunately we are only able to contact candidates who are successful in progressing to the next stage. If you have not been contacted within 7 days of your application, then please presume that you have not been successful on this occasion.
Job Type : Permanent
Location : Grimsby
Salary : £23k pa + company van / overtime
Date Advertised : 05 Feb 2013
Sorry, this position is no longer available.
Don't miss out again. Sign up for Jobs-by-Email and get the latest jobs direct to your inbox.